Meritor, Inc. is a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking and aftermarket solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets. With more than a 100-year legacy of providing innovative products that offer superior performance, efficiency and reliability, the company serves commercial truck, trailer, off-highway, defense, specialty and aftermarket customers in more than 70 countries.
Based in Troy, Mich., more than 9,000 employees are located in manufacturing facilities, engineering centers, joint ventures, distribution centers and global offices worldwide. Meritor common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MTOR. For more information, visit the company's web site at meritor.com.
Responsible for leading product development, engineering, testing and technical support for vehicle control systems. This position involves extensive contact with other professionals and organizational units. The candidate must have technical understanding of the product line, vehicle, laboratory test methods, and the industry.
· BS degree in Engineering and/or 10 years similar work experience in an automotive related environment.
· Must have strong technical engineering abilities along with an understanding of business fundamentals.
1 to 4 years experience in mechanical and electronic systems.
The following skills are required:
· Proficiency in understanding engineering level drawings.
· Thorough knowledge of products.
· Good understanding of material, electronic, pneumatic, fluid power and thermal characteristics related to systems design.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Professional Office software
· Basic understanding of MSA, APQP, FMEA, PAPP, PDP, SAP, DAS, Test Design, and TS16949 methods.
· 5S – work place organization techniques.
· 8D – Problem solving and root cause analysis.
· SAP New Defective Returns Process. (Ability to use and train others).
· Interface with suppliers, vendors, and OEM customers
· Strong written and oral skills
· Candidate may be required to work on projects subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). In the event the candidate is required to work on ITAR related projects, the candidate must be eligible to meet the requirements of the ITAR.
Act as leader to product engineers and technicians
· Main technical interface to major North American OEM customers for air brake control system products, both conventional and electronic.
· Interpret technical needs of customers and convert into engineering programs and specifications.
· Prepare program plans, timing, budget and resource requirements to fulfill customer needs and internal business objectives.
· Responsible for implementing and managing multiple programs from concept to production.
· Generate test programs when necessary to analyze and resolve customer related technical issues.
· Meritor WABCO - Engineers.
· Meritor WABCO - service, marketing and operations personnel.
· OEM customer Engineering Departments.
· OEM customer manufacturing plants.
· Meritor Engineering Departments.
· WABCO Engineering Departments.
· Research industry needs and technology growth initiatives.
· Develop presentations for PDP Gate Review Phase Level approvals.
· Release Development Requests to WABCO.
· Develop test plans for product validation.
· Issue Monthly Product review reports.
· Initiate Product Development Plans for new products or required modifications.
· Develop and/or support technical literature and product bulletins.
· Analyze field returns and new product failures.
· On time completion of test reports and product updates.
· On time completion of product, assembly process and out-going audits.
· Working knowledge of SAP to support PDP activities
· Utilize WABCO and Meritor WABCO DAS and develop and understanding of document codes.
· To customer locations, engineering/headquarters and/or remote customer locations to evaluation product or provide other communications.
· Emergency travel on short notice may be required.
Meritor, Inc. offers a stimulating, high-tech work environment backed by an excellent salary and benefits package. For immediate consideration, visit us on the Web at www.Meritor.com and apply on-line.
Employment agencies that do not have specific approval to recruit for Meritor, Inc. should not forward resumes to Meritor, Inc.
Meritor will not be held responsible for any fees and/or expenses based on any submission and subsequent use of resumes unless the employment agency has been contacted by Meritor to assist in the recruitment for that specific position.
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.